The key here is to prepare the dough at least an hour before you want to eat it. Cooking only takes 2 minutes once it has risen. If you can do it at home before you go away it is even easier.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 3.5 cups bakers flour (550g)
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 sachet dry yeast, 7 grams or 2 tsp
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 380mls water
D I R E C T I O N S
- Place flour, yeast, baking powder and salt in a bowl and mix well.
- Dissolve the honey in some hot water then add cold water to make 380 mls and olive oil.
- Either mix flours and liquid to form a dough by hand or in a blender.
- Knead until smooth and elastic then leave to rise in an oiled bowl until doubled in size.
- Leave it to rise covered in a warm environment for 1-2 hours. For a slow rise (overnight), leave refrigerated.
- Roll the dough out to 3-4mm (1/8″) about 20-30cm in diameter
- Throw on a hot bbq plate, skillet, wok or any other hot surface you have (even straight on the coals ), add a bit of olive oil or butter to prevent burning.
- Flip once you see the dough getting bubbles
- Cook until it is golden brown and serve piping hot.
Enjoy as a wrap, with dip or anything else you can think of. It makes a great pizza base.
I T E M S
- Rolling pin (any tall glass bottle or large hard waterbottle)
- Hotplate or frypan/wok (or straight on the coals if you’re feeling adventurous)